Monday, January 7, 2008

Kindness

Words are extremely powerful, in just about every aspect imaginable. They make you laugh and cry; they break your heart and they fill you with anger. They can brighten someone's day and convince someone to commit suicide. They can make you want to change the world. They can hollow your insides with pain and fill you with contentment. They can make you cry out with grief. They can overwhelm you with nostalgia, making you wish for a different time.

I think by now I've proven my point. I just want to thank all those who use the power of words for kindness. You never know how much good you're doing.

The older I get, the more I'm convinced that my mom is right: Life is all about the little things. That may sound simplistic and naive, but the world could be simplistic and naive if people didn't screw it up. Take joy in the little things, and life becomes more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, Andrea! You sure know how to write. This blog was very insightful and very true. I am definitely one of those people that need to work on what they say. Oh, I was wondering...when is your book going to come out? :)